These departments are responsible for recording and indexing all legal real estate documents.
Recording / Indexing
The following documents are accepted:
Powers of Attorney
Wills and name changes
Assignments and Releases
Fixture filing / UCC Filings
Corporation Document Type Fees
Kentucky Revised Statue Section 64.012 as amended by House Bill 537, mandates the following fee changes:
Articles of Corporation: $11
Articles of Amend: $11
Certificate of Authority: $11
Discontinuing a Business Name: $11
Registration of DBA (Sole Property): $15
Registration of DBA (Sec. of St.): $11
Statement of Change: $11
Registration of DBA: $11
Reasons for rejection of documents:
1. Original document not presented for recording.
Property is not in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
3. Grantors or grantees names are not legible for indexing.
4. The print on the document is not dark enough to be picked up on a copier or in the scanner.
5. The documents have not been signed.
6. Names and dates required in the Notary Statement are omitted.
7. The document does not have a signed Preparation Statement; which must include the printed or typed name, address, city, state, zip and signature of the individual that prepared the document. The Preparation Statement can go anywhere on the document; however, it is usually placed on the signature (last) page.
8. A deed does not have a Consideration Statement as required by law as of July 1990. (The Consideration Statement must be notarized and must include the fair market value of the property, and the addresses and signatures of the grantor and grantee.)
9. Statute is not cited on deed regarding exemption of transfer tax.
10. Notary’s signature and commission’s expiration date doesn’t appear on document.
11. Mortgage amount and maturity date not stated on document.
12. The address of the grantee doesn’t appear on a deed, an assignment and a mortgage.
13. Referenced exhibit is not attached when document states “see exhibit A”.
14. Corporations, doing business under an assumed name, are not registered with the Secretary of State.
15. Case number not included on Lis Pendens, judgment and releases of said documents.
16. Fixture filing states, “to be recorded in Real Estate Records” and a property description or source of title is not referenced.